The beans we use at Harris + Hoole change regularly depending on the season.
The coffee bean is the seed of a fruit that is grown in the mountains. Harvested every year, it is at its best within a couple of months of the harvest. For this reason our coffee blend changes throughout the year to ensure you're getting the best coffee possible.
Our coffee is directly traded by Union Hand Roasted and roasted at their premises in East London. All our beans are speciality grade, meaning they have been graded at least 84 points out of 100. We are the only coffee shop on the high street to deliver a standard like this.
Our Current Blend
Single Origin Espresso, Liberación
- Producer: Liberación Co-Operative
- Location: 15.38 ºN, 91.45 ºE
- Varieties: Bourbon, Pache, Typica, Catuai
- Process: Washed + Sun Dried
- Altitude: 1,550 - 1,850m
- Roast: Light
Tasting notes - You'll get milk chocolate flavours with a touch of orange, and with milk, hints of butterscotch.
- Origin: Finca la Montañita, Guatemala
- Producer: Antonio Zelaya with Rafael Oliva
- Altitude: 1,600m above sea level
- Varietal: Caturra, Bourbon, Catuai, Sarchimo
Tasting notes - A beautifully sweet, balanced cup with aroma of orange citrus and honey.
- Origin: Mococa, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Producer: Fazendas Bobolink - a network of small scale farmers in partnership with the Croce family.
- Altitude: 1,200m above sea level
- Varietal: Yellow Catuai, Mundo Novo, Bourbon, Obata
Tasting notes - The fragrance has banana with cocoa powder while the cup is floral, with a velvety milk chocolate and caramel body. The acidity is very gentle with notes of pear. The overall fruitiness enhances the smooth, sweet aftertaste.